For the 1st part of what should be a warmer season, we’ll be sticking to the following opening hours:
- 10 – 16 Monday & Tuesday
- 10 – 15 Wednesday
- 10 – 16 Thursday and Friday
Please call in advance to make sure we’re available – And pretty please, do not call at night or in the weekends.
Note that we do take general synth repair requests again, thanks to the new, bigger repair shop.
The Locomofon web site will be particularly odd and unreliable sun 9 . – mon 10. of april 2023. We’re upgrading and will be back shortly.
The repair shop is closed, the studio is open regular hours. See you on the other side.
We’re giving a short speach on guitar amplifier repair for Kulturrom. The repair shop will be closed 13.03 – 14.03/23.
We’re closing the repair shop for holidays July 1st – August 19th.
Meanwhile we’re taking no new orders. Pickup by apointment only.
The studio is under maintenance and will reopen in September with a new live boot and improved acoustics.
There will be some changes starting may 1st:
- The studio and repair shop splits up to make space for more traffic. We’re still at the same floor, but check both door bells if no one answers.
- Our rates increase to meet the growing prices and market instability – We’ll be billing NOK 1200 + MVA / hour for general repairs – minimum fee of NOK 400,- (600,- + MVA / 200,- for guitar effect boxes) from now on.
- Our long neglected paint- and mechanics shop move to the same address, so there will be a new batch of FX-pedals coming.
For obvious reasons, we do not offer Russian tubes until
- Russia withdraws from Ukraine and
- Russia admits to their war crimes and makes a proper fucking effort to redeem their atrocious acts
Until then, we do not offer any Russian produced valves such as Sovtek, Tung-Sol, Svetlana, Electro-Harmonix, “Mullard” or anything by New Sensor Corporation made at the Saratov plant. We will offer old stock as long as they last, but we’re eagerly watching TAD and JJ gearing up for future audio culture maintenace.
Due to Covid-related setbacks, 12 Gauge Microphones will be retiring all dealer contracts and arrange for direct sales only. We’re grateful for the ride so far and wish Brad Martin all the best for his future endeavours.
This also means all orders for 12 Gauge Microphones are cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We’ve received a few custom orders that will take most of our capacity in June 2021. This means we’re taking a pause in synth repairs, and for anything else, please ask for an apointment in advance.
Big thanks to our friends who have filled up our repair shop – It’s been quiet for too long, but we made it through the 197 days Oslo lock down. Big up to Dum Dum Boys, Hedvig Mollestad, Lindstrøm, David Wallumrød, Bugge Wesseltoft, Todd Terje, Dan Tyler, Deluxe Music and Christian Wibe in particular, for helping us survive 2020 and its aftermath.
You absolutely rock.
We’ll be closed for business Friday April 30th, May 10th, 13th, 17th, 24th and 26th.
Also, due to a three week school quarantine, now happily ended, every service in the repair shop has suffered delays accordingly. Please show patience.