Until the summer, we’ll be sticking to the following opening hours:
- 10 – 16 Monday & Tuesday
- 12 – 16 Wednesday
- 10 – 16 Thursday & Friday
Call in advance to make sure we’re available – And please, do not call at night or in the weekends.
Note that we now DO take general synth repair requests again, thanks to the new, bigger repair shop.
There will be some changes starting may 1st:
- The studio and repair shop splits up to make space for more traffic. We’re still at the same floor, but check both door bells if no one answers.
- Our rates increase to meet the growing prices and market instability – We’ll be billing NOK 1200 + MVA / hour for general repairs – minimum fee of NOK 400,- (600,- + MVA / 200,- for guitar effect boxes) from now on.
- Our long neglected paint- and mechanics shop move to the same address, so there will be a new batch of FX-pedals coming.
For obvious reasons, we do not offer Russian tubes until
- Russia withdraws from Ukraine and
- Russia admits to their war crimes and makes a proper fucking effort to redeem their atrocious acts
Until then, we do not offer any Russian produced valves such as Sovtek, Tung-Sol, Svetlana, Electro-Harmonix, “Mullard” or anything by New Sensor Corporation made at the Saratov plant. We will offer old stock as long as they last, but we’re eagerly watching TAD and JJ gearing up for future audio culture maintenace.
Due to Covid-related setbacks, 12 Gauge Microphones will be retiring all dealer contracts and arrange for direct sales only. We’re grateful for the ride so far and wish Brad Martin all the best for his future endeavours.
This also means all orders for 12 Gauge Microphones are cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We’ve received a few custom orders that will take most of our capacity in June 2021. This means we’re taking a pause in synth repairs, and for anything else, please ask for an apointment in advance.
Big thanks to our friends who have filled up our repair shop – It’s been quiet for too long, but we made it through the 197 days Oslo lock down. Big up to Dum Dum Boys, Hedvig Mollestad, Lindstrøm, David Wallumrød, Bugge Wesseltoft, Todd Terje, Dan Tyler, Deluxe Music and Christian Wibe in particular, for helping us survive 2020 and its aftermath.
You absolutely rock.
We’ll be closed for business Friday April 30th, May 10th, 13th, 17th, 24th and 26th.
Also, due to a three week school quarantine, now happily ended, every service in the repair shop has suffered delays accordingly. Please show patience.
We try to keep regular hours as far as Covid allows, work days 10:00 – 16:00. Call in advance to make an appointment and to see that we’re in.
- NO VISITORS TO ENTER THE REPAIR SHOP.
Customers will have to keep their distance and wait outside the door.
- All visitors must use the hand disinfectant station in the hallway.
- Please wear a face mask at all times. Funny hats are encouraged.
And pretty please, do limit phone calls and messages to 10:00 – 16:00. E-mail is answered during work days only. As a rule, we do not respond to requests by social media, and calls after midnight will only block your number.
Also, remember https://locomofon.no/2018/08/08/no-more-big-old-synths-please/
Seeing Oslo going back into red alert, we’re forced to take some precautions.
- Use the disinfectant in the hallway before you enter the staircase
- Stay outside the workshop while we collect or hand out your item
- Wear a face mask at all times while visiting
- Pickup and delivery is restricted to Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10:00 – 15:00. Pro and BTB customers 10:00 – 16:00 Monday – Friday.
If you have any symptoms even remotely associated with this plague, please wait until they subside fully before you come by. Also note that repair takes longer these days, as all our suppliers suffers from the situation. Please be patient. Thank you.
Keeping your studio plugged in and powered on at all times? Now’s that time of the year when you really shouldn’t. Power off and disconnect whatever you love from the mains. Invest in power conditioners and surge protection.
Really need to work while Big Mother shows its discontent with humanity? A quick and cheap fix is the Brennenstuhl Überspannungsschutzadapter. We’re not saying this to be nice, its just to prevent the annual rush of dead MOTU, RME and Lynx cards which seems a truly unnecessary tradition. (And no, we still do not service anything AVID.)
We’ll be closed for summer vacation June 30th – August 6th.
If you need to use your gear during this time, make sure you come by and pick it up quickly.